Sevadars doing seva at Siri Guru Singh Sabha, Ifield Green, Crawley. Painting the front gate and fixing the broken wall in the car park. Come and join us there is lots more to do, your contributions and ideas are always welcome.
Come and Join us
Siri Guru Singh Sabha, Crawley (Charity no. 1063786) OGM/SGM Sunday 1st December 2019
All registered members of the charity Siri Guru Singh Sabha, Crawley (Charity no. 1063786) are hereby notified of the forthcoming Ordinary General Meeting (OGM) of the Charity to be held at Siri Guru Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Ifield Green, Crawley, RH11 0NU on Sunday 1st December 2019 at 11.30am.
- Indemnify Trustees
- Mortgage application/loan
- Membership application forms
- SGSS – Legal obligations and introduction
- Spencers Road – proposal
- Finance Report
On Behalf of the Trustees and Executive Management Committee of Siri Guru Singh Sabha, Crawley (Charity no. 1063786).
Membership Form of Siri Guru Singh Sabha Crawley (regd. charity no: 1063786)
Membership will expire on 31st March 2022
This Form should be completed and returned to the general secretary of the Sabha, based at Ifield Green, RH11 ONU, along with photographic proof of identity (passport/driving licence).
TO ALL REGISTERED SABHA MEMBERS AND NEW MEMBERS
A resolution was passed by the Executive Committee and an announcement made on 27th May 2018 at the Special General Meeting, to extend the current membership for all registered members and any new members that join to 31st March 2022.
Any new members joining the Sabha hereafter shall also have the same renewal date of 31st March 2022 to maintain consistency and the joining fee remains at £5.00.
Executive Committee (2018)
For an on behalf of Siri Guru Singh Sabha, Crawley.
Notice – Charity No 1063786
The Executive Committee of Siri Guru Singh Sabha (hereinafter the “Sabha”) intends to consider putting resolutions to the members of the Sabha concerning the following:
- The location of the Gurdwara at Ifield Green;
- The occupation of the building formerly used as the Gurdwara of the Sabha in Spencers Road; and
- The sale of the building formerly used as the Gurdwara of the Sabha in Spencers Road.
The Executive Committee proposes that all those individuals who currently attend the Spencers Road premises, and any other person with an interest in the affairs of the Sabha, be given an opportunity to be involved in the Sabha’s decision making.
The affairs of the Sabha are conducted according to its Constitution, a copy of which is available for inspection at www.crawleygurdwara.org.uk or The Gurdwara and Sports Centre, Ifield Green, Ifield, Crawley, RH11 0NU or on request from email@example.com.
The Executive Committee asks interested persons to note as follows:
- A new Executive Committee of the Sabha is due to be elected in April/May 2019.
- The procedure governing the election of members to the Executive Committee is set out at Appendix 2 of the Constitution.
- The Constitution requires that members of the Executive Committee shall be voting members of the Sabha, therefore anyone wishing to stand as a candidate to be elected to the Executive Committee or vote in the election to the Executive Committee must first be a member of the Sabha.
- Anyone who meets the membership criteria of the Sabha (set out in the Constitution) is welcome to join the Sabha. Attendance at Spencers Road does not, on its own, constitute membership of the Sabha. Any person, including those attending Spencers Road, may apply for membership of the Sabha, by downloading a form from the Sabha’s website (www.crawleygurdwara.org.uk) or obtaining a printed copy from Ifield Green, Crawley. A membership form must be completed and submitted to a member of the Executive Committee to be validated, and provided the applicant meets the membership criteria and pays the requisite membership fee, their details will be added to the register of members.
- The membership of the Sabha as at 31 March 2019 shall be entitled to participate in the process of election of the new Executive Committee, provided they meet the criteria set out in the Constitution.